Dizions Ltd (provider of Charitylog) is committed to being an employer of choice in the Third Sector IT market. We want to attract and retain the best people, with the right skills, who will fit our organisational culture and values. Current vacancies will be regularly posted on this page.
In response to ongoing business demands, Dizions Ltd is expanding its coverage and now wishes to employ an additional implementation consultant based in the South East to join our existing dedicated and enthusiastic team.
We provide CRM software to the third sector under the Charitylog brand and also to Local Authorities using the Crossdata brand. The software which has been developed over the last 14 years is a market leader and is utilised by organisations that provide services to clients and have to account for their impact to their commissioners. It is not intended as a top of the range fundraising system.
We have over 600 clients based all around the country and are a leading provider to the third sector, including many of the well-known charities and NFP organisations.
We require an additional consultant to work mainly in the south eastern area, including central London and the south east coast. The role is home based with administration support from our office in Ross-on-Wye.
The main aspects of the role are:-
- On acceptance of an order you will visit new clients to help implement the Charitylog or Crossdata system. This involves discussing services, data security, their specific reporting requirements and workflows etc., to guide the client to the best implementation of the system to meet their needs. The process usually involves several days on site spread over a number of weeks, as agreed with the client.
- Provide additional training and follow up review visits as required.
- Visit potential new clients, in response to enquiries, to provide a demonstration of the system and show how it meets their needs. Follow up these demonstrations, as necessary, to secure future business.
- Maintain communication with existing clients within the area in an account management role.
- Attend meetings and training sessions in our Ross-on-Wye head office from time to time, as necessary.
- Maintain an up to date reporting regime, using our own CRM system, to ensure that all parts of the organisation are properly informed of activities in your area.
We expect candidates to be self-motivated, to work on their own initiative and have experience of delivering on-site training of IT projects. A working knowledge of third sector practices would be a distinct advantage. Although we would mainly expect you to be working within a reasonable radius of home, there may be occasions where overnight travel to further away locations is required.
We offer a competitive salary package and a company car. There is also commission on sales achieved.
Customer Support Technician
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Support Team. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, a high standard of IT literacy (including MS Excel) and be able to work as part of a team. Experience in a customer facing environment is desirable and you should be able to work under pressure.
You will be responsible for assisting our clients with their support queries via telephone, live chat and email. This will include how to use our system and work with spreadsheets for report analysis.